Subject: Path to motion workaround
From: "Eric Gooch" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 09:15:41 -0800

> > From:          Ernie Wright <[email-masked]>

> Eric Gooch wrote:
> 
> > As someone mentioned earlier, one of the problems with Path to Motion
> > is that it creates motions with all of the keyframes in Linear mode.
> > Has anyone figured out a workaround for this?
> 
> You could always load the motion file into a text editor and change the
> linear flag for each keyframe from 1 to 0.  Each keyframe takes up two
> lines.  The first has 9 numbers and the second has 5.  The second number
> on the second line is the linear flag.
> 
> - Ernie

I had thought about trying this, but the problem was I had some very large 
motion files and of course didn't want to edit the motion file line by line.
I didn't think that doing a "search and replace" with a text editor would 
work, because there are a ton of 1's all over the place, and I would end 
up scrambling the whole file. I went back in and looked at a motion file 
again, and noticed that the 1 that Ernie mentioned (thanks Ernie,) was the 
only 1 surrounded by spaces. I did a search and replace in the text editor 
for *space*1*space* and it worked!

Thanks again!

-Eric G.